So I’ve always really loved my slow cooker. Always. But now, I really, really, really love my slow cooker. Without it, we would be eating cereal, ice cream, and peppermint patties for dinner. Which was ok while I was pregnant (I DID throw in some prenatal vitamins, ok?) but not so much anymore. At some point, I’d like not to LOOK pregnant anymore.
This dish is a 7AM, pre-work, post-feeding baby creation. As in, what do we already have that I can throw in the slow cooker, get dressed, get baby ready, go to work, come home, feed baby, and then feed Husband and me? This, is turns out.
- 2 breasts chicken, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 jalapeno, partially de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I liked using the ones with a bit of diced chili pepper)
- splash chicken stock
- about a teaspoon salt
- about a teaspoon pepper
- handful cumin
- about a teaspoon turmeric
- about 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- to serve:
- couscous, cilantro, sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Dump everything in the crockpot. That’s right. No pre-seasong, no pre-searing, just straight into the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve over couscous (takes less than 2 minutes to cook! amazing!).
I was surprised by how delicious this was, given the haphazard way it came together. Hence, why I’m sharing it here with you. Huge bonus: it makes enough so that you don’t have to worry about dinner the following night.
It does make me wonder, though – what do normal, non-cereal eating working-outside-of-the-house people make for dinner!? Please (please) enlighten me.
6 thoughts on “Slow Cooked Moroccan Chicken”
This looks so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! 🙂
Lisa | http://www.fromdreamtoplan.net/
Love the seasoning you’ve used. The dish looks very tasty! 🙂
I think cumin deserves an award for most useful spice. Thoughts?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love cumin, but also love so many other spices – hard to decide! 🙂
It’s a while that I have not used my slow cooker and this sounds yummy!
This looks delicious I shall give this a try once my slow cooker comes out of the cupboard, Chloe.