This past weekend is now officially known as the Epic Weekend of Fun. Just to run some of the numbers quickly:
- One dip in an ice cold river.
- Not one, but two epic cover bands.
- The trifecta of lunches: brisket, burgers, and fried chicken.
- Four amigos.
- Five mile hike somewhere 45 minutes from the city, which felt like it was about 4500 miles from the city.
- (Far too many) bottles of wine. Let’s not put a number on this one.
This week, I’m thinking about atoning for our sins (side note: this seems to be a theme around here). To the Husband’s chagrin, this means hitting up the fish train. Honey: welcome to tonight’s dinner.
Asian-Inspired Grilled Salmon
- about 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- salt, pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 bag arugula/baby kale/spinach
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cilantro, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce through garlic and mix well. Set aside about a third of the mixture to act as your dressing later on. In a large flat bottom bowl, pour the soy sauce mixture and lay the salmon, flesh side down (to increase absorption). Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes – any longer and the soy sauce will start to toughen up the protein.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add salmon, flesh side down, and grill about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip to the other side and grill until the middle is no longer pink. The skin will sort of neatly fall away from the fish as you remove it.
- Assemble your salad ingredients (arugula through avocado) and lay your cooked fish on top. Dress with the reserve soy sauce mixture + feel virtuous.
This is a super easy, super quick way to feel super virtuous and healthy. Of course, we’ll be taking our nightly trip to Mr. Yogato right after this. We finally have enough stamps for a free fro-yo! #theepicweekendcontinues
7 thoughts on “Asian-inspired Grilled Salmon Salad”
Over 3 days of wine tasting, my wife and I bought 16 bottles of wine to bring back with us…so there’s no judgment here. The salmon looks delicious, btw.
Definitely no judgment. Just an invitation to dinner, I’d say.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sounds like a fabulous time! I’m sending this recipe to all my fish-loving friends because it looks spectacular. I hope you two enjoy your free froyo! 😊
Hahahaha!! Yes, I think atonement is a great choice of words after the weekend you guys had.
Sounds like everything I’d want to be a part of, including this repentant meal 😀
Can you send me some?
I’ve been pretty wild myself heehee
I just discovered your blog… I love it! You have a new follower!
Michela, so glad you’re here! (& I wish I knew a little Italian…)