Remember that time when I said everything on here would be relatively healthy?
Welp, relatively was the operative word in that promise. Also: it’s cold outside, and you deserve it.
Vegetable Pasta with Sherry Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- about half a box of pasta
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- salt, pepper + crushed reds
- 3-4 tablespoons sherry
- large handful spinach
- large handful kale
- about 1/3 cup cream
- 2-3 oz gorgonzola, crumbled
- optional: parsley, parmesan
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Reserve a little bit of the starchy water for the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, some salt, some crushed reds and gently cook the mixture as the pasta cooks (about 10 minutes or so).
- Add the sherry and cook off the alcohol; add the starchy water, cream, gorgonzola, spinach, and kale. Add the pasta and bring the mixture to a quick boil to thicken the sauce.
- Serve immediately, topped with a bit of parsley and/or parmesan. Contemplate going for a run…tomorrow.
As you’ll note from the menu plan earlier this week, this wasn’t part of our plan this week. This was a hail Mary after the Husband wasn’t able to make it home for dinner – it just didn’t feel right to make the asparagus tart without him! Which also means this isn’t a “recipe” – this is a mix+match based on what’s in your fridge. Sometimes, that’s just how you have to roll.
7 thoughts on “Vegetable Pasta with Sherry Gorgonzola Cream Sauce”
Love recipes like this…simple, delicious flavors mix and matched to perfection! Looks like a fabulous and satisfying meal. 🙂
eating this in front of the television – being lazy never felt so good.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That sauce was legend … Wait for it …. Dairy! Legend-dairy! So creamy but with a kick.
internet high five!!
It most definitely says something about me that as soon as you posted a “relatively” healthy recipe, I ran right out, bought the ingredients and made it that night. I added some chopped olives, some quartered, sauteed brussels sprouts, and about 1/3 of the cream. It was to die for, thanks for inspiring me!
haha, Laurie – I LOVE that. Brussels sprouts + gorgonzola and cream sounds heavenly (the olives less so, but that’s because I’m weird). Also – for some reason, the sauce reheats really well, I thought, especially for a cream sauce…hope you guys are doing well!! xx