As I think I’ve made abundantly clear, I love, love, love the Hershey Candy Cane Kisses. These seasonal delights thankfully only come out around the holidays, or I would likely be about four times my size. Even though I’ve already gone through two bags of these on my own (I was always going to make cookies with them, and then somehow they’d disappear), the Husband brought home one last bag last week. It took all of my willpower, and some prompting from my dear friend Steph, to make these into cookies. The recipe comes straight from the back of the package, but sometimes (especially when baking), you don’t mess with a good thing.
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- 1 package Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mix your dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla slowly; when it gets too dry, add a tablespoon of milk.
- I find the dough a bit sticky, so I like to use an ice cream scoop to place little round balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- While the cookies bake, start unwrapping your kisses (about half the bag).
- Pull the cookies from the oven and let cool 2-3 minutes. Lightly press one Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Get excited you managed not to eat the bag!
I am pretty sure my love for these Kisses has now been over-documented. However, just for the record, one last time: I love these.